Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summertime Rolls

Suddenly summer begins tomorrow! I feel like I just blinked and spring began. There's a lot of things I want to do this summer. I wish it included a jaunt to some exotic locale, next year perhaps? In the meantime some time at home with my favorite two guys and home projects will have to suffice. I also hope we can have a long overdue housewarming party this summer (is a year in a home beyond the statue of limitations for housewarmings?).
One of the first projects I am dying to tackle is in our family room/playroom. We have these great windows that are crying out for a window seat. I love the idea of curling up with a book by the window, and creating some much needed storage for Hank's toy clutter. We need cushions as well. I have been looking at pinterest for window seat inspiration. Here are a couple nice ones: 




Another home project I hope to tackle is simple adding some more furniture to our home (not too much Mike don't worry). We have taken our time, but we are missing some vital elements like lighting in our living room.
There is only one sad lamp in our living room at the moment

Speaking of Mike I haven't spent a single weekend with my husband in the last month. Either I was travelling or he was travelling. So I can't wait for a long overdue date night and a chance to just hang this weekend. Hope everyone has a lovely first day of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment