Wednesday, June 6, 2012

In Defense of Crying Babies on Airplanes


Tomorrow Hank and I are headed to Chicago to visit family and help throw a baby shower for my best friend. The two of us have now flown many times and our experiences have been everything from people stopping me at the end of the flight to say how wonderfully behaved Hank was to me literally yelling at someone who kept staring at my crying child  - and yes, he cried the entire duration of the flight, and no, it wasn't my finest moment. In fact my brother who was on that nonstop crying flight told me at the end of the trip that he was never having children. Yep, Hank and I squashed his desire to procreate in one airplane trip.

I am never 100% sure what I am going to get. It's always stressful. Nearly every flight I endure some kind of sigh or cruel stare when someone realizes they will be sitting in close proximity to me and my little guy. That is why I cannot get over the balls of my friend Annie. She recently flew from New York to Los Angeles with her two daughters. At some point during the flight she realized that the woman sitting behind her was comedian Judy Gold and that Judy was actually tweeting out nasty remarks about her crying child. So my friend created a twitter account for said baby called @Jetbluebaby4A and fought back. Check out and follow JetBluebaby here. I am going to cross my fingers for an awesome flight tomorrow with Hank but if he cries I will just channel Annie and her amazing daughter JetBluebaby4a. 

No comments:

Post a Comment