Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Anna Karenina



I am pretty excited to see "Anna Karenina" when it comes out. I read it a long time ago but the first line remains imprinted in my brain:

"Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way."

Without giving too much away because I have a lovely family and so many people who love me, but for whatever reason I connected with that line when I was an angsty teenager.

Beyond my connection to the book, I just love a good costume film. I own and have watched the six-hour long BBC version of "Pride and Prejudice" many, many times. I like the Keira Knightly one as well. I loved last year's "Jane Eyre." I think my favorite films are a good, sprawling costume movie.

My favorite one of all I think will always remains this one:



When I was in high school and a devoted reader of Sassy magazine (who wasn't?) they often had quizes about what kind of girl you were. I think one of the questions was always are you the girl who loves "A Room with a View." I can't remember what kind of girl that meant you are but I think it's safe to say that I am that girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment