Tuesday, June 12, 2012

House Hunters



At any given time I will have seven to ten episodes of "House Hunters International" sitting on my DVR. If the number starts to dwindle too low I panic and immediately browse HGTV so that I can start recording and always have ample episodes waiting for me. I love this show. I have even been known to save a great episode, like that couple in Paris whose budget for apartments was four-million-dollars! If you haven't seen the show, go watch it. I found this show and HGTV in general when I was nursing my son when he was so little and you spend hours upon hours nursing. I think the network executives might be aiming for the nursing mother perhaps. I couldn't get enough back then.

Now I am not sure if I have shared this here yet but my husband actually works in reality television. He has even worked on a real estate show so I should know better than to believe that this is actual reality here, but somehow I ignore his comments during the show and choose to believe that the crew actually returned six-months later to see what couple X's life is like now in Malaysia or wherever it may be (sure it's an incredibly expensive production cost but I want to believe people). So I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised when I came across this and this. Now to be fair these posts are about "House Hunters" and not my beloved International version but I have a sinking suspicion that things are similar on my show, and that perhaps my husband was right. Even if it's augmented reality I think I will still tune in.

No comments:

Post a Comment