Monday, June 4, 2012

Dance

This is a promotional pic from SYTYCD It is not me in my Zumba class  
I am not the best dancer on the block. I don't think I am the worst either but I am definitely not the best. I did some jazz and ballet growing up. I have noticed that as I get older it's harder to remember routines. This weekend I joined my friend Avi and attended my first Zumba class. It's not a traditional dance class by any means but wow it was a serious workout! Who knew? You literally do not stop moving the entire class and there is definitely a lot of dance incorporated into the movements. This class was so much work. It was also a blast. I took it at this local place called Heartbeat House where anyone can watch you in the windows as you move. The twenty-something version of me probably would have been embarrassed about onlookers watching me struggle at times but thankfully the thirty-something me could care less. I was just having so much fun, and its so much better than running I can't believe it. If you have a chance I encourage you to check out Zumba. It is seriously an incredible workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment