Monday, June 25, 2012

Capturing Moments





I struggle often with the idea of when to capture moments with Hank. I want to archive as much of this time as possible so that I can remember the bits and details. He is on the brink of really talking but so much of what he says is only understood by him. I want to make sure I have evidence of this lovely time period but at the same time I don't want to be the parent who has her head constantly in their phone or camera, capturing moments but not really being present in the moment. Between facebook and instagram  much of what I see on these sights are beautiful moments of people's kids. I often wonder how did they steal those moments and manage to be present at the same time. I think it's easier when your kids are babies. They don't notice your head in a phone. My son is obsessed with the Iphone so if he sees it when we are outside enjoying the day he immediately gets distracted. I think I am pretty good about taking photos but I often forget to take videos which are important to capture the moments and personality of every stage. This weekend I tried to take some videos. I took two, neither are all that full of action but I guess they capture the spirit of where Hank is at right now. P.s. I am not just working on when to capture moments but my skills in taking pictures and videos. It's a work in progress.




No comments:

Post a Comment