Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Quilt


Here is what the quilt squares looked like when they were placed together for my friend Dana to see. I entertained a lot of different ideas for my square. I thought about making one out of a scarf that I had, Dana had a matching one, but at the last minute I decided to visit this store called the Needle Shop in Chicago. The store was full of gorgeous fabric and all sorts of kits. While there I stumbled across these lovely embroidery designs and decided to try my hand at embroidery despite the fact that I only had twenty-four hours and little experience. I found a kit kind of like this: 
It ended up being really fun and not that hard although I kind of made it up as I went. I found a really cute design and used transfer paper to trace it onto the fabric. It turned out pretty cute. Who knows maybe embroidery will become my new thing. Here is my first attempt: 

It's hard to see in this photo but there is a mother bird in her nest surrounded by baby birds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment