Sunday, January 29, 2012

Soaking

One of my favorite things about Los Angeles is the abundance of Korean Spas. For just $15 you can soak for an entire day if you had the time. I don't get to go that often but whenever I do I am always thinking, 'why don't I do this every day?' It's that good.



My two favorite spots are Olympic Spa and Natura Spa. There are not a ton of photos out there of these spots. I don't think they would take kindly to you taking photos since everyone is naked, but the above photo at least gives you a sense of the place (this is Natura FYI). Both spots have several pools - hot, extremely hot, and cold. And you are encouraged to move between all temperatures. Plunging your body into ice cold weather doesn't always feel good while you are doing it but afterwards you feel incredible.

They also have these different rooms to relax in - the oxygen room, the jade room, the clay room, plus your basic steam room and sauna. I've heard women whisper about the benefits of these various rooms. One woman in her fifties told me that the secret to her perfect skin was spending an hour nightly in the oxygen room at Olympic Spa. That is a big time commitment but her skin did look good.

If you go I encourage you to at least once get a scrub. It's unlike any traditional spa experience you've had. These women exfoliate every last bit of dead skin off of you. Perhaps the best part is both spas have heated, relaxation floors where you can lay quietly for hours on end. It's such a good deal. New York has the Russian Baths and in San Francisco they have Japanese baths but I am not sure if they are as good as the Korean spas in Los Angeles. They are truly the best deal to be found around town.

No comments:

Post a Comment