Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Get In Shape Girl!

It's that time of year when we all rush to the gym and try our best to get in shape for the new year. I am definitely guilty of getting caught up in the fitness resolution cliche.

Does anyone else remember the products "Get in Shape Girl!" In hindsight maybe girls as young as eight shouldn't have been buying products that were guaranteed to make them obsessed with their bodies even if they did look cute in the sweatbands that came with the package? Or maybe Michelle Obama would praise such products today because they might help curb the growing obesity trend in children? Tough to say really. Regardless it makes me laugh out loud to remember me putting the tape in our cassette player and working out along to the music at eight-years-old. These days I am pretty much a get to the gym when I can kinda girl. I did an amazing Mommy boot camp for two months during my maternity leave that I can't recommend enough if you live in Los Angeles. But since returning to work I am lucky if I workout once a week. It's hard to not want to spend every non-working moment with Hank but I am working on it. Luckily our new house is right be this neighborhood dance studio called Heartbeat House.

I've only taken one class here but nearly every night Hank and I watch a group of women and a few brave men getting down and sweating it out. They make Zumba and Latin Jam look really fun. I am hoping to make it there or return to bootcamp soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment