Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bookworms

Just in the last few weeks or so Hank has become a real bookworm which warms my heart. Sometimes I will find him in his room just flipping through the pages of a book (yes sometimes it's upside down but it's still reading sort of). Also, he has developed a real opinion about what books we read. Sometimes he'll grab them off the shelves and hand them to me, and sometimes when I try and read one he has always loved he will push it away. It makes story time a bit dull since there are only a few rotating favorites. I am searching for more great books if anyone has any ideas but here are some of the favorites we read again and again.


Speaking of bookworms my friend Hanne, who is the queen of all bookworms, just introduced me to this book club through the Huffington Post. I have tried more then once to start my own book club and for some reason it has always failed so I am thinking of trying this one out. It just so happens that I am already reading the first book. Score.
Today is the first day and there is still time to read it. They have on-line discussions and then there is also a chance to have you own local little group. Maybe this is finally the way for me to fulfill my book club dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment