Friday, January 6, 2012

LACMA

I rarely go West of Hollywood these days. Just about everything I need is on the East side so it's hard to get me to get motivated to go West. One of my big resolutions this year was to take advantage of more of what  Los Angeles has to offer and that definitely should include the West side, the beach, and of course LA's many museums (yes we have museums here). The other night I did find myself driving home from some place West of Silver Lake - Beverly Hills, on Wilshire and when I passed LACMA. I was struck by this beautiful light installation and knew I wanted to go back. Last night Hank and I spent an hour exploring the grounds of the massive museum campus over there. It is literally a kid's paradise. There is so much to explore and lots for adults as well.



This was an interesting sculpture that Hank and other kids had fun running through. It took some convincing to get Hank to run through these string things. He mostly just ran around it. 




Here is Hank running through the "Urban Light" a sculpture by Chris Burden that is made up of 202 restored cast iron antique street lamps. It was just beautiful as the sun was setting. It was quite a contrast from the urban landscape that surrounds the museum. Hank had a blast running around it. 




 They also have lots of outdoor seating options and food and even a bar. Who knew? 


 Hank couldn't get enough. He had so much fun running through the lamps. We will definitely be back again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment