Friday, December 16, 2011

Office Christmas Party


Tonight is my office Christmas party. Back in the day when I still lived in New York we would have large, lavish affairs at Tavern on the Green. The setting was classic - right in the middle of Central Park (I think you could probably take a carriage home if you wanted to) and you could always count on some great people watching and perhaps even a drunken scandal (never from me of course).  


My first year or two in Los Angeles I was able to attend even more over the top company-wide affairs complete with Karaoke machines and giveaway flat screen TVs at Hollywood nightclubs. These days things are a bit more austere. We only have a small gathering with just my immediate colleagues, and to be honest its pretty much impossible to juggle parties and childcare and everything else. I will be lucky if I make it till 5:30 pm. 

I doubt I will be quiet as jovial as the folks in this last photo but it's always nice to celebrate and decompress for a moment or two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment