Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Baby Boom

Perhaps something is in the air but I feel like every week or so I learn about the birth of a friend's baby or that someone I know is pregnant. All of these babies and babies to be make me think back to our preparations and also all of the incredible gifts we received when Hank was born. I thought I would highlight some of my favorite gifts. I know this is the time of year that most people are thinking about holiday gifts but I thought I would buck the trend and think about the best baby presents. I am steering clear mostly of practical stuff here and going for what is fun.
These leggings are super cute. I never actually received these guys but I've seen them a bunch and I just ordered them for a pregnant friend and they are just as cute in person.
A good friend got me one of these classic LL Bean totes  with Hank's name on it and I can't tell you how great it has been. We've taken it to the beach, on vacation, and just back and forth to the baby-sitter's. I think this is a great little gift and I definitely want more. 
When I was pregnant we received a ton of these Aden and Anais muslin swaddle blankets and they are amazing. They are a bit big in the beginning to use for swaddles but they are great for just about everything. Since Hank was born they've come out with a bamboo version that's even softer than the original. 
A good friend sent me a blabla doll from New York. They are really great and soft and make awesome loves. We have since received one more from my sister-in-law and it's awesome too. Hank loves them both. This company also makes awesome clothes, bags and even mobiles. 
I heart rifle paper company. I first discovered the amazing Anna Bond's work when I was engaged and we wanted to have her design our invitations. We didn't end up doing it and now she is everywhere. Her stuff is so cute and since we didn't end up having her design our invites I figured the next best thing would be to have something of hers in Hank's room. And she makes adorable kid stuff. This was something I gifted myself but it would make a great gift for any mom/dad to be. Also she has a ton of other cute prints and stuff for kids. 





No comments:

Post a Comment