Monday, December 5, 2011

My New TV Jam

This weekend I discovered and fell in love with "Downton Abbey." This show is so good. It is a combination of a great British costume drama - think the recent "Jane Eyre" or "Sense and Sensibility" but even better because I think it strives to have the pace and tone of a modern show a la "The West Wing." or maybe even "Mad Men."
The show weaves together the story of one wealthy British family and the servants who work for them. Even Mike who was skeptical of such a show was hooked and we devoured four episodes during Hank's nap time. I can't say enough good things about it. This show is great and the new season starts on PBS on January 8. I will be watching.

Vanity Fair Photo

On a sad note I have to take my first real work trip this week. I went away for one night a month or so ago but this will be five night/six days away from my two favorite guys. After several hours of panic and meltdowns I have calmed down a bit and I know that everyone is going to be just fine (except maybe me). I am still anxious about it though. Being a working mom is not easy and I have a feeling this juggling act doesn't get any easier any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment