Monday, July 2, 2012

"Unzipped" + BBQ = Heavenly Weekend

This weekend was wonderful. I think perhaps it takes a weekend to settle back into life in Los Angeles after you've been travelling so much, but this weekend we finally relaxed and took advantage. Saturday we hosted a bunch of good friends for a little backyard bbq. There was delicious grilled chicken, fresh summer corn, homemade cookies and gazpacho and seven naked kids running around and cramming themselves into our little plastic pool. It was so great.


Saturday post-bbq my husband went out for a bit and I was left to my own devices after Hank fell asleep. I wound up watching "Unzipped" on Showtime Women (who knew this channel existed....the movie selection on this guy is amazing!). I remember seeing this movie at a little art house theater near my house with a friend in high school and being swept away by the glamour of it all. Let me tell you this movie stands the test of time. Every single major model of the nineties is in Isaac's show that movie centers around - Naomi Campbell, Cindy Crawford, Carla Bruni, Kate Moss, Shalom Harlow, Christy Turlington, and a fresh from Oklahoma Amber Valetta. It's fascinating just to see them all and how they interact. Watching the story of his collection emerge is also amazing. Perhaps it's a sign that the nineties are indeed back that so many of the fashions didn't feel that dated - and OK others did hello bright blue fur lined coat I'm talking to you. I highly recommend revisiting this movie if you can. Yes, maybe it's a little silly but it's really fun to watch. It's fun to compare the New York of 1994 to the city of today. 


All in all it was a great weekend. 


Hank's favorite spot at the bbq was next to the bowl of peanut butter pretzels

No comments:

Post a Comment