Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Fourth of July and Sparkler Photos


It's almost the Fourth of July! I am not quite sure how that happened because it feels like it was just the beginning of June yesterday. Growing up the Fourth was one of my favorite holidays, which is funny because in my adult life I have rarely celebrated. Hopefully now that I am a mom we will get back into the spirit of the fourth. We spent every fourth at my Dad's lake house. Someone in our extended family would inevitably drive over the border into Indiana and buy massive amounts of fireworks (because they are legal in Indiana in case you didn't know), and my Dad and his cohorts would put on their own show homemade show for us kids. It's probably a miracle that no one ever lost a finger. It wasn't as massive or impressive as the local town shows or the one put on by the city of Chicago but our firework display always had an air of anticipation built in since we weren't quite sure what would happen. The kids in my family were never really allowed to help out setting off the fireworks (thank goodness!). The only pyrotechnics we got to indulge in were with sparklers. Hank isn't even quite two yet so he probably isn't quite ready for sparklers. When he is I am sure he will love them. There is something pretty magical about them. We even had them at our wedding. 


Someday I want to try and recreate one of these incredible sparkler photos where you make designs or words that have become so popular these days. All you need to do is set your camera on a very low shutter speed and make sure that it is stable and experiment. 

from here



from here

from here

No comments:

Post a Comment