Sunday, July 8, 2012

First Haircut and Golden Road Brewery

Hank had his first haircut this weekend and thankfully it was 100% tear free. We decided not to take him to one of those places where your child sits on some kind of animal and watches television while he or she gets their cut. I can understand the appeal of something like that but I just chose to have the lovely woman who cuts my hair trim Hanks. She has a little boy almost the exact same age so she was totally flexible and had no problem crouching down on the ground and cutting his little curls as fast as she possibly could. Believe it or not two other kids got cuts that very same morning at this little Echo Park salon. At one point Hank did sort of give her a serious glance and eyed those scissors with some concern but I am not ashamed to admit I gave him my iphone at that point to distract him.


It didn't seem like much right after the cut but today his hair seemed much shorter! I kept stealing glances and wondering who this big boy is? 

This morning we checked out Golden Road Brewery. If you live in Los Angeles I think this is a great place that is definitely worth checking out. It's sort of in no mans land in an industrial stretch of Glendale that actually isn't too far from where I work. There's a lovely beer garden/restaurant connected to the craft brewery next door. I have to confess I am not much of a beer person but beer people tell me this is quality stuff. More importantly you can sit outside and enjoy some delicious food all while watching the trains whiz by aka kid heaven!




No comments:

Post a Comment