Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Birthday Love in the Meadow

Found Here
The last week or so was full of visitors and lots of work projects. Suddenly you blink and it's been a week or so since you've updated. Sorry for my lack of posts. Despite everything going on I remain singularly focused on our trip to Big Sur this Friday for my birthday next week. I think with such a spectacular trip on the horizon you don't really need to do much more for the actual day of your birthday. We probably won't do anything but if we didn't have a trip planned I would probably just want to round up all of my friends and gather at a local park and have a picnic. We did this a year or so ago for my Husband Mike's birthday at the then newly open meadow in Silver Lake. If you live on the East Side of Los Angeles you probably know about the newish park that surrounds the Silver Lake reservoir referred to as the meadow. It's a lovely green space dotting one side of the reservoir. It's often filled with families and kites (seriously I never knew there were so many kite enthusiasts). I highly recommend checking it out. The only flaw is that there is no shade from the often harsh sun. So unless you are a seirous tanning enthusiast I recommend bringing an umbrella. Here are a few pics from my husband's surprise picnic we threw last year. I can't believe how little Hank is. And see if you can spot the "Mike Rules" sign in the pictures. Yep I made him a sign. 






Mike and Hank





No comments:

Post a Comment