Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hank Turning Two



Our little guy suddenly isn't so little. He turns two this Friday. To be honest I am having a hard time wrapping my head around it all. You really do measure time so differently once you have a child - their endless progression constantly reminding you that time keeps marching along. Kids force you to be present in the moment and yet also make you feel like they are moving too darn fast. We don't have much planned this year for his birthday. Last year we threw a little party in our new backyard. Recently though I've noticed that even a small group of people at our house makes Hank uncomfortable. He doesn't quite get why so many kids are playing with his things and he tends to retreat a bit. As much as I love to throw a party it feels like it would be for me and Mike and not for Hank. So instead we will mark it simply by doing some of this favorite things - the train at Griffith Park, some cupcakes, and that's about it. Above is the movie I put together when he turned one! It's crazy how much bigger he is these days. Here is a recent photo of him:



No comments:

Post a Comment