Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pizza Making Class at Mozza

My recipe book and glass of prosecco
Ever since I heard that Mozza offered pizza making classes I have been dreaming of the right moment to go. I have somehow only been to the pizzeria a handful of times since it opened but the pizza there is to die for.  Recently my step-father came to visit. He instilled a love of cooking in me early on so I figured he was the perfect person to take the class with me. 

At first I was a bit disappointed to learn that the classes are just demos and that you don't get to actually make a pizza yourself. Once you learn how involved making the signature dough is (modified for the home cook slightly) then you understand why nearly all three hours is eaten up simply by making this dough. The classes take place in the scuola di pizza space which is lovely. You are greeted with a crisp glass of prosecco and delicious antipasti and then you watch the teacher get to work. 

Fellow Students watching the demonstration

Showing us what the dough should look like

The Dough
The class was really fun. You got to take home copies of the recipes and I took copious amounts of notes and lots of videos so that I hopefully can achieve that crispy dough perfection at home someday soon. Perhaps the best part of all was getting to sample so many of the signature pizza flavors. These pizzas are so delicious its crazy. I am beyond envious of anyone who lives close enough to get home delivery of this pizza. I highly recommend taking this class or one of the many others they offer over there. They aren't cheap but you get a really beautiful experience, a lot of bang for your buck. 

The Pizza! 

No comments:

Post a Comment