Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Go To Breakfast

My go to breakfast with a bonus side of turkey bacon
When I was growing up my favorite thing in the world to order at brunch was eggs benedict. It was someting delicious that I couldn't get at home. It felt grown up and sophisticated. These days it feels a bit heavy even for a special occasion to order something like this. Luckily I have found a healthier version that I can whip up on a Sunday morning at home. This breakfast, some coffeee and the morning paper equals heaven in my book.

My go to version consists of soft-boiled eggs with avocado and sriracha.. I highly recommend you trying out the combination. I cook the eggs in boiling water for six-minutes to get the perfect soft center. I take a toasted English muffin (I like the sprouted Ezekial kind so that I feel extra healthy) and top it with avocado, sprinkle it with sea salt and pepper, the soft-boiled egg, and just a drizzle of sriracha. This combination is so delicious. It feels just as special as when I was young ordering my eggs benedict.

No comments:

Post a Comment