Monday, September 24, 2012

Les Misérables is coming.........



If I somehow have been shy about bearing my love of musicals on this blog this post clearly puts me in the musical theater camp. Les Mis the movie is coming people and I am super psyched for it. This trailer makes it look so so good.

We would go to every big travelling musical show that came through Chicago growing up - Cats, Miss Saigon, The Phantom of the Opera...I enjoyed all of them but none meant as much as Les Mis. I think I saw it three times. The second time I went with two girlfriends and afterwards we ate at Benihana which was the height of sophistication in 1989. I loved this show so much I had the Broadway and the London cast cassette tapes (London is better in my opinion). Girls in my school would sing "Castle on a Cloud" for talent shows. I probably spent countless afternoons singing "On My Own" in the mirror with a hairbrush. I think this is the penultimate musical experience for a girl my age. That is why I seriously cannot wait for this movie to come out. Bring it Les Mis.

No comments:

Post a Comment