Friday, May 18, 2012

Backyard Garden

Jalapenos from our garden a few months ago

This week has flown by. One of the things I'd love to do this weekend is to get some more vegetables to plant in our box garden. We've had some mixed results so far. Our gardener gave us a jalapeno plant when he first built the box for us and as you can see we had a LOT of jalapenos all at once. After thinking about jalapeno jelly, poppers, and other various recipes I am embarrassed to admit I sort of just let most of them rot. shhhh. We've also experimented with arugula (which was wonderful for a while but then seemed to just take over) and right now we are enjoying strawberries. I am not sure what we will get this weekend, but I found these inspiring photos on Pinterest. I don't think we will be at this level anytime soon but it's exciting to think about. We also have a pear, plum, and fig tree in our yard but I don't think we will see those fruit for a while. 




No comments:

Post a Comment