Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Closed on Mondays


I am lucky to have a good friend who is a chef. Over the years I have cashed in on this luck by enjoying gorgeous dinners at AOC (where she worked for years) and more recently eating her delicious brunches at Canale (a brunch menu that has earned a LOT of praise and a devout following). These days my friend has two cute kiddos and for the most part she is devoted to raising her kids. She still cooks from time to time but now it's for a higher purpose. If you live in Los Angeles you should check out her incredible charity Closed on Mondays. Just about every month my friend Aliza and two other lovely ladies take over a restaurant (usually Canale) and cook massive amounts of delicious food and all of the money they earn goes to a food related charity (usually one that is for children). Last night was another triumphant dinner where I literally had the best lasagna I have ever tasted. Every dollar went to an incredible charity called Growing Great. They have even created a family happy hour from 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm where families can get their salads and entrees all at once to cut down on waiting time and hopefully avoid the dreaded dinner meltdowns. There were still quite a few (yes Hank I am talking about you) but the dining room was buzzing with families and kids all loving the delicious meal, and no one seemed to mind the occasional screams. Check out the website, like them on facebook, and go to their next dinner. You will not be disappointed. I don't have any photos of last night's deliciousness but here is the menu and a few photos from their recent events I found on their facebook page.







No comments:

Post a Comment