Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Summer Movies

This all used to be concrete
It has been so cold in Los Angeles this past week. There is nothing I hate more than hearing my family and friends tell me it's warmer in Chicago. I know I should be happy for them, and I sort of am, but also I am not. A day or two of cold, brisk weather is fun here because it's so novel, but I am ready for warm weather to return. In order to get through this cold spell I am dreaming of warm weather gatherings in our backyard. When we purchased our home our big project was tackling the backyard which had one of the ugliest screened in porches I have ever seen and a concrete yard. I still don't know why anyone would want a concrete yard. We demoed the concrete, planted flowers, trees and even a little vegetable box. And we had a good friend build us a beautiful porch that we are currently trying to grow wisteria and bougainvillea on.


When we looked at the house (getting our house was no small task) we would dream about what our finished yard would look like. I would picture Hank romping around outside but I would also dream of watching outdoor movies all summer long. I have always loved this idea of gathering your friends and family in your back yard, throwing down some blankets and watching a movie under the stars. I still haven't gotten a projector but I hope we do this once it warms up here and I can report about it here. Here are some of my inspiration photos for this (I found most of them on Pinterest).  






This one is from Domestic Reflections



No comments:

Post a Comment