Friday, March 30, 2012

Moccasins for summer

On Wednesday afternoons I take Hank to Parent and Me (not mommy and me!) at a local preschool where we might want to send him. So far it's been a really great experience for us. Hank was tentative at first but now he is pretty into having a snack, washing his hands, singing songs and playing with the parachute (well he isn't quite convinced of the parachute yet but hopefully we will get there.) There is one mom in the group who has the best style. For some reason it's always a bit of a relief to me to see parents that seem interesting and original. I don't know if this makes me shallow, it might but sometimes I worry that all of the thirty-something parenting somehow nullifies the interesting things you sought out in your twenties. I am constantly reminded that this isn't true of course. That there are all sorts of examples of interesting parents who manage to still have adventures, find time for culture and their spouse, and even put together a cute outfit (which for better or worse still means something to me). But I digress, back to the mom in my Parent and Me. She is always a style maven but this week she was wearing the moccasins above, along with cute jeans and this amazing Navajoesque big sweater. She told me the moccasins were this company manimals from Brooklyn. Unfortunately that cute style is sold out but I am obsessed by this site. I feel like a lot of the current styles would be cute for spring, a spring moccasin if you will. 





 She also always rocks this Claire Vivier tote that I also have and love. She is way more chic though.


No comments:

Post a Comment