Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"Girls"


Besides "Downton Abbey" it's been a WHILE since I have been really excited about a scripted TV show. Have you seen the trailer for "Girls" yet? It looks amazing. I am especially excited for this show since I spent most of my twenties in New York and specifically Brooklyn. I remember how adrift and lost I often felt and how many awkward dating adventures I had. I haven't seen Lena Dunham's first feature "Tiny Furniture" yet, but this is my favorite movie/tv genre ever - talk-heavy, young women figuring things out, talking a LOT, and having adventures. There is the glamorous gay man fantasy version of this in "Sex in the City" (which I also love for different reasons) and then there is the more true to life stuff like this show. I hope it lives up to my hype. Also one of the main actresses was featured in The Glow, a website I can't seem to stop devouring and loving all of these gorgeous mamas' style.

No comments:

Post a Comment