Thursday, November 17, 2011

when to go to the emergency room

Hank visited the office with me this morning briefly while we waited for our pediatrician to have time to see us.
You can't tell from this photo but he is sporting a serious fat lip after a scary slip in the bath tub last night. He just started walking in the last month and he is now trying out the new skill everywhere, including the slippery tub. I try my best to spot him but he slipped and his teeth hit his lip which hit the side of the tub. There was a lot of blood and tears from both of us. After multiple calls to family members and his doctor we decided not to take him to the emergency room but instead to the doctor today. It turns out he is fine and has some serious Angelina Jolie lips for the time being but a good chance to think about when do you go to the emergency room. I have a feeling this is something I will be thinking about a lot in the next few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment