Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My New Dinner Jam

I may be late in figuring this out but I finally jumped on the slow-cooker bandwagon. This device is a working mom's best friend! Seriously this guy has the best advice. Actually I have been wanting one for some time and my husband and I still have a drawer full of gift cards leftover from our wedding to stores like sur la table and crate and barrel that are just collecting dust. I hope there are not expiration dates on these cards. Anyway I finally caved in a couple weeks ago and bought this guy:
You toss a bunch of stuff inside in the morning before you leave work and when you get home you are bombarded with delicious smells and braised meats or veggies. I have experimented with a few recipes and I must confess I am a bit disappointed there aren't more resources out there for a hip, urban gal who wants to slow-cook something. Most of the websites I found don't seem quite my speed. The best seems to be from my old pal Martha. She has a roundup of a bunch of slow cooked things and so far each one I've tried has been delicious. I think I am going to make this one again tomorrow.
It's chicken with pinto beans and veggies. It was great with some tortillas. I am hopeful that I will find some other great crock-pot or slow-cooker recipes soon. Still not sure exactly what the difference in terms is but oh well.
And I just thought I would add this photo because once again Hank insisted on walking this morning. Our morning strolls now seems to consist of one block (we go back and forth and back and forth) but my God is he proud to be walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment