Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Visit

This weekend my Mom came out to stay with us for the second time since we moved into our new house. Last time she was here I pretty much forced her to open boxes the entire trip and traipse all around the city in search of the perfect lamp. We basically spent the whole time driving to and from Home Depot so thank god she wanted to come back again. This time we had a great relaxing weekend. I got a babysitter for Hank Friday night and we went to Hatfields just the two of us. This is definitely one of my favorite restaurants in Los Angeles. The dining room is stunning. 


The food is so good. Unfortunately I let my Mom convince me that the little tasting menu was a good idea. It was but it meant we couldn't order the most delicious sandwich ever. 
This sandwich is literally the best thing ever. Next time. We also had lots of quality family time. We took Hank to the playground where he literally did not stop moving for two hours. The playground is definitely his happy place. 

After years of talking about it my Mom finally came with me to the Rose Bowl flea market.  Anyone who lives in Los Angeles knows this is the mother of all flea markets. I was so excited to finally take my mom here. I have a very long list of things we need for our new house. I was hoping we would hit the jackpot. While we had a great time wandering around and we did spot some things with potential 

we found this cute set which reminded me of a cute vintage outdoor set from the lovely neighborhood store potted. My mom and I enjoy a good challenge but I am not sure we are quite ready for the task of building cushions and finding glass for this guy quite yet. We left after only a few hours and I was determined not to walk away empty handed. We decided to head to Tini. I had heard about the store on this amazing show. The store didn't disappoint and we walked away with this amazing new addition to the living room. 
It was not so cute trying to get it in and out of my husband's car but in the end it is a lovely addition to our living room, and a wonderful weekend with my Mom. I can't wait till her next visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment