Thursday, November 17, 2011

gobble gobble

It is that time of year again when I scour epicurious, martha stewart, bon appetit, old gourmets, and recipe blogs for days on end to try and concoct the perfect turkey day plan. This kind of thorough planning definitely borders on insanity since I have never hosted more then a few people and this year will be no different. We are literally having my step-father, my brother and the three of us (and Hank doesn't really count yet as one full person when it comes to eating although he is close).
 Here he is on his birthday digging into a cupcake. 
I spotted this great plan to cook things in advance on the New York Times website yesterday. Hopefully we will be organized this year and get a lot of our cooking done ahead of time. Here is an image from one of our past Thanksgiving day feasts. 
This year our table should look lovely because first of all it will be the first Thanksgiving we host in our new house! And because our table will be covered in our wedding china. 
I think it is beautiful and elegant and well they don't even make it any more so who knows some day it might be really valuable??? If you were to ask my husband I am not sure he would agree. I know we were not the only couple who were divided on the merits of registering for wedding china. In the end he went along with my love for these gorgeous plates. Hopefully when he sees how incredible our table looks with Empress Elizabeth china filled with Brussels sprouts and corn bread stuffing he will finally see what a great idea it was. We shall see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment