Monday, November 5, 2012

To New York and Back


Snuggling up with my favorite guy at MessHall

Last Sunday I hopped in a plane and headed to New York to be there for work when Hurricane Sandy came ashore. I won't go into what it was like being in Manhattan when the powerful storm hit the city because so many people have shared their stories at this point. Suffice it to say I was lucky to be staying on the Upper West Side where we had all of our basic needs met. It is odd to be back in Los Angeles where it's business as usual. I have been to other natural disasters - Hurricane Katrina and the terrible Asia Tsunami and it always feels so bizarre to be back in a functioning society where it's sunny and life is going on when the place you left is barely functioning. I missed Hank's second Halloween and our chance to see the "Book of Mormon" during my extended stay. They seem like awfully small losses barely worth a mention when you compare them to what others have lost. I am just happy to be back in Los Angeles with my guys. I had a three-day weekend and I tried to make the most of every moment. My mom and younger sister were out here visiting and we had a blast. Here are some highlights:

Dim Sum Love at Our Favorite Spot 

Hanging out on the hammock at the place my Mom rented

Hank on a pony

Getting ready to ride

November Swim (It is hot here)
Date Night at Baco Mercat 

Griffith Park 

Griffith Park 

p.s. I agree with you that it looks terribly unsafe to allow your two-year-old to ride on a horse solo and he isn't even holding on. This was not easy for me to watch but my husband assured me he was fine. Mike had taken him once before to the ponies who go round a circle and Hank loved it. I am not in a rush to do that again until he at least holds on to the saddle!




No comments:

Post a Comment