Tuesday, November 13, 2012

España






Lately I have been seeing non-stop evidence on Facebook and blogs of friends and acquaintances who jump on a plane to exotic locales with their kids in tow. When Mike and I first got together we traveled overseas a bunch - Argentina, our incredible honeymoon in Mauritius and South Africa and our lovely visit to Spain. It's so hard to imagine making this work with your kids. Part of me thinks there is something incredibly romantic about creating the kind of family where jaunting overseas is no big thing and your children grow up with an incredible dose of culture, but the other part of me thinks there is a reason I didn't get to go overseas until I was a teenager and perhaps it would be more romantic to go on a trip like this just me and my husband. Either way I am still impressed with people who can pull off taking their kids on ten-hour flights and bringing their little ones to Bali or Rome. With no big travel plans on the horizon, but lots of dream-itineraries in my head I will have to content myself with pictures from past journeys. Today I was revisiting our trip to Spain in  2008. We flew to Malaga and spent a couple days here and then headed to Seville (which is just beautiful) and then visited Madrid and ended our trip in Barcelona where my sister was studying at the time. We had such a wonderful time exploring Spain. This was our first big trip together and I learned what a wonderful travelling companion my husband it, and that he has nerves of steel. When our car stalled on a busy, massive rotary in the middle of downtown Malaga I crumbled into a heap of panic but he just endured and even drove through the narrow streets of Madrid.









No comments:

Post a Comment