Friday, November 9, 2012

Local Spot


There is something so wonderful about having a local restaurant that you can spontaneously drop into and count on the food being delicious, the cocktails being stiff, and the atmosphere convivial. We live within walking distance to lots of restaurants, coffee shops and bakeries but none somehow quite fit the bill. Some are a bit too trendy and therefor virtually impossible to just drop in, and others while delicious and lovely don't quite capture the celebratory vibe I am sometimes seeking. Thank goodness Mess Hall  has entered the local Atwater/Los Feliz dining scene. Any place with oysters and delicious cocktails is OK in my book and if we go a bit early nobody blinks at Hank and his dinner shenanigans. Also I have to confess I am a sucker for any place that has an outdoor fire feature that allows me to sit outside in the dead of winter. If you live on the East side of Los Angeles I encourage you to check out this place.



No comments:

Post a Comment