Friday, August 17, 2012

Los Angeles Flower Market


I am not sure how I have survived nearly seven years in Los Angeles without checking this place out. It's amazing.For just two dollars you have access to incredible flowers that are equal to or surpass what you find at the farmer's market. Since this was my first time I tried to take it all in (it spans two enormous buildings). I had plans to view everything and then strategically buy exactly what I needed but I got overwhelmed quickly and just started kamikaze purchasing (not the best strategy). Wow I think I over bought. I was planning on doing maybe five arrangements but I ended up with over ten! I can't recommend checking out this place enough if you live in LA.




Flower arrangement bounty 

Both my mother and grandmother had an incredible gift for arranging flowers. The jury is still out on whether or not I inherited their talents. In all fairness my mom did take a class on Japanese flower arranging. My stuff is well, a work in progress. Here are some pics I snapped of the market and my arrangements.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing, it appears from your photos you did inherit your Mother's ability to create arrangements. I think they are beautiful! Your pictures are super fun, you captured the fun and the beauty that is the
    los angeles flower market. I adore the place and try to go once a month to keep up with the latest flowers. I love your concept of kamikaze buying I do the same thing every time i go!

    ReplyDelete