Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Looking forward

My husband recently tweeted, "Just killing time before fantasy football gives my life purpose again." He is quite the jokester. Follow him at @mgoldz to see what I mean. I am pretty sure his life isn't utterly meaningless during the off season (although he is in three different fantasy football leagues so it's serious folks). He is just passionate about football and in the almost six years we've spent together a lot of football knowledge has seeped into my brain whether I like it or not. I saw my old friend Claire when I was in Chicago last week. We used to go to lots of shows together back in the day and obsess over boys in bands. Recently we found ourselves talking football (without husbands or boyfriends present). What would our twenty-year-old selves think! They would be shocked. I know Mike loves us and that he is actually ok during football off season, but he is just so passionate about it all. It got me thinking that if I had to come up with my version of fantasy football I think it would be "Downton Abbey." I guess I am just killing time until the next season of Downton. Good thing this trailer was just released. Ugh I am already frustrated that Mary and Matthew are going to have trouble again. I know it is the tension that keeps us watching but really can't we just enjoy them being happy for a bit?

No comments:

Post a Comment