Thursday, January 17, 2013

To The East Coast and Back Again




Hank having perhaps a bit too much fun at a cemetery? 
So we had to go to a memorial service this past weekend and spend some quality time with family on the East Coast. Unfortunately tickets to Philadelphia were prohibitively expensive so that's why I found myself taking my toddler son on a six-hour flight to New York, and then a three hour car ride to New Jersey for a quick visit and then another hour plus drive to Pennsylvania. Not cute people. Hank actually did really well on the flight out but I am not sure I am ready to talk about the return flight yet. It was not pretty. Let's just say I cried to the woman sitting next to me at one point.

Instead I want to focus on the good points - our lovely weekend catching up with family and celebrating the life of my husband's grandmother and perhaps most importantly Hank getting to bond with his adorable cousin Dani. These two hit it off for the most part (there was the occasional "No Hank" or "Stop that Hank" from Dani. She is four months older after all, but for the most part it was too cute). Here are some of the highlights:

Hank and Dani "Sharing"
While we were in Philly we visited the Please Touch Museum. If you are ever in this area with kids I can't recommend this museum enough. It was filled with the most incredible hands on exhibits including an Alice in Wonderland area and an indoor carousel:
Me and Mike Getting Into the Spirit of the Museum

Alice and Wonderland Exhibit 

Hank Riding the Indoor Carousel

Playing Drums in the Music Exhibit

I didn't get a photo of the famous Franklin Fountain but oh my goodness this place is good!!! If you are ever in Philly run, don't walk to this place. Everything is made on sight. I had a hot fudge sundae that definitely changed my life a little. So delicious. 



Here are a few images of Hank and me travelling since this was a big part of our long weekend. 

In the Car 

Holding Hands







No comments:

Post a Comment