Monday, April 2, 2012

The Los Angeles You Show Visitors

Me, my Dad and my Sister in Spain years ago
My younger sister and her lovely boyfriend came to visit this weekend. I always get so excited when friends or family come and stay (especially if they are ones that don't come that often) but this enthusiasm is often coupled with sudden terror/pressure to show them a much better or more exciting version of the Los Angeles than the one I actually reside in. Especially since there is a ten-year age gap between my sister and me, and though she might actually love the early bird dinners we go for mostly these days (you know what I am talking about parents of little ones, 5:30 pm is the new 8:30 pm!) I really wanted to make sure she had fun.

The weather did not really cooperate this weekend and they had things they wanted to do as well but we did happen to pack in two lovely dinners - Japanese on the Sunset Strip for pure Hollywood candy and Korean barbecue for classic Los Angeles. This trip was brief and and mostly focused on catching up and Hank but if you have out of town guests that you want to impress here is my number one spot to take friends. I was first introduced to this patio by my friend Oona the first summer I lived in LA and I was instantly hooked:

Best Friend Sunset Cocktails at Shutters

Chicago Ladies Throw Down at Shutters

Shutters on the Beach


Shutters - I think this hotel never fails when it comes to wowing guests because you can have drinks on the patio/deck and watch the sunset over the Pacific Ocean. I can't imagine how it could get much better than that? I guess I need to assemble all of my favorites because I have a bunch of great Los Angeles things to do with guests but this is definitely my number one go to jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment