Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mixology.....An Old Cuban



Did anyone see Andy Samberg's hilarious role as a mixologist on Portlandia this season? Check it out here if you haven't seen it. It made me laugh out loud. There are definitely quite a few places in Los Angeles these days where you can get a serious drink a la Andy Samberg - Big Bar in Los Feliz, The Edison and The Varnish downtown, but my favorite watering hole of late was the Tar Pit on La Brea which sadly just closed. 
I am not sure why this place never quite caught it. The room had a really cool art deco vibe and their cocktail program was designed by a woman from Pegu Club in New York. The first time I went with my husband we had a delicious cocktail called an Old Cuban. This drink would be perfect for a summer cocktail party, it has fresh mint and champagne. I am not the best mixologist (frankly it's an awful lot of effort when you are at home) but I aspire to be one. Here is the recipe for a delicious Old Cuban: 
Found via here via here



No comments:

Post a Comment