Friday, February 22, 2013

Oscar Sunday


When I lived in New York my cousin Robin and I had an Oscar tradition that I've tried to carry on during my time in Los Angeles, but my husband isn't always the most willing partner-in-crime. For years I would head over to my cousin's apartment in the East Village in the late afternoon (we never wanted to miss a single moment of the red carpet even that awkward hour when there are no celebrities and it's all Giuliana and Ryan and filler). We would both wear our pajamas, drink champagne and eat cheap Chinese food. It was literally one of my favorite days of the year. Mike will drink a bit of champagne and of course eat Chinese food but getting him to break down the pros and cons of Cate Blanchett's dress or that awkward Anna Hathaway moment is a lot tougher. Regardless I can't wait for Sunday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment