Monday, December 10, 2012

Holiday Parties, Hanukkah and the Weekend

Hank and I are rocking a 90's grunge look with our matching flannels
It has been busy here of late (although I seem to be beginning most posts with that claim), but I swear it really is busy. I keep meaning to post more but it doesn't seem to happen. This week I hope to do better.

I thought I'd start with our weekend. We celebrated Hanukkah and I tried a new recipe for latkes and these were hands down the best I've ever made! You must immediately try this recipe if you are craving delicious potato pancakes. No need to even be celebrating the festival of lights. They come from the editor-in-cheif of Bon Appetit Magazine which I have to say is a pretty amazing publication these days. One that I look forward to every month. We also made this chicken which is always delicious.

One highlight of the weekend is we went to a preschool mixer. Hank will be starting in January. I get a little choked up just thinking about it. It was at one of the other parents houses and they had a pool which had a cover on it. Somehow the kids figured out how to venture out on this cover and soon the party was full of two-year-olds running around on a modern day version of the water bed. Hank was in heaven.

We also went to visit the "fishies" at the California Science Center, which never fails to disappoint. This is a good choice for kids in Los Angeles if you are looking for a cold, rainy day activity.





No comments:

Post a Comment